[Notice] Maintenance of the Sakura Internet Database [completed]
Posted: Jun 18, 2021
Updated: Jul 16, 2021
Sakura Internet has announced that a database maintenance will be performed for services using MySQL 5.5 during the following period.
(Updated: Jul 16) The maintenance was completed.
Please refer to the following website for details.
メンテナンスのお知らせ (available only in Japanese)
■ Date and Time
Friday, July 16, 2021 1:00AM-5:00AM
■ Systems Undergoing Maintenance
The following rental servers・database
mysql522.sakura.ne.jp – mysql616.sakura.ne.jp
■ Maintenance Work
System maintenance for MySQL5.5 database servers
■ Services Affected
Service will be temporally stopped for around 1 to 4 hours during maintenance period.
(The downtime will vary depending on the capacity of the server and database.)
* Maintenance target is the MySQL 5.5 database.
There will be no impact on the services for rental servers, MySQL 4.0 / 5.1 / 5.7 database and emails, etc.
* As this is the maintenance of MySQL 5.5, it is possible to avoid this maintenance in advance by migrating to MySQL 5.7 using the database upgrade function.
■ [Important] Information on future use of MySQL5.5 from Sakura Internet
MySQL5.5 is software that has been discontinued by the provider in December 2015 and cannot be supported even if a security vulnerability is discovered.
We recommend that you take the following actions as soon as possible so that you can use the service safely in the future.
Please delete the MySQL 5.5 database from the server control panel.
Please refer to the following manual for details on how to delete.
▼ Delete the database
If a vulnerability is discovered in the program, we no longer able to provide support, and due to the influence of changes in the operating system of the OS (operating system), we may suddenly discontinue the provision of MySQL 5.5.
Sakura Internet is now able to migrate to the currently available version “MySQL 5.7”.
Please refer to the following manual for details on how to migrate.
▼ Database upgrade function
* Customers are required to change settings of files on the server after migration. Please be sure to check the manual before using.
* To use the function, it is necessary to delete the database to below the standard usage value.
* MySQL 4.0 does not support the database upgrade function. It will be necessary for the customer to carry out the operation.
* For frequently asked questions, we have prepared answers in the following manual.
From the viewpoint of security and performance, we recommend you use MySQL 5.7, which is currently available.